Schemes
 
 
Rain Water Harvesting and Run off Management Programme
 

To improve the moisture regime of the watershed for increased land use,  Rain Water Harvesting and Runoff Management structures such as check dams, percolation ponds, farm ponds, new village tanks, Ooranies and recharge shafts are constructed in all districts except Chennai and the Nilgiris.  Under this programme, the beneficiaries are required to contribute 10% of the cost of works executed in community lands in cash (5% in case of SC/ST farmers), which will be deposited in the name of the Village Development Association / Watershed Association and the accrued interest will be utilised for the maintenance of assets created in community lands.  Works in patta lands are taken up with 90% assistance and the remaining 10% is collected as beneficiary share (it is 5% in case of SC/ST) in the form of cash / labour / material.  During the past three years, a total of 908 Rain water harvesting structures have been constructed at a total cost of  Rs.997.63 lakhs.