Schemes
 
 

Provision of Solar Powered Pumping Systems

 
 
 
Funding Pattern
 
 
MNRE, TANGEDCO and State Fund
 
 
Project Area
 
 
All districts (except Chennai)
 
 
Objectives
 
 
  • To ensure energy security to the farmers to meet the irrigation needs.
 
 
Details of Works
 
 

Provision of Solar Powered pumping System to the individual farmers’ field for irrigation.

 
 
Benefits offered (Subsidy) and outcome
 
 

90% subsidy assistance for the Solar Powered pumping systems (5 HP to 10HP) is provided for the farmers and the remaining 10% is farmer’s contribution.

 
 
Eligibility
 
 

All the farmers whose lands are provided with good source of irrigation like bore well or open well or any surface storage structure and with shade free area near the irrigation source for the installation of Solar Panels.

 
 
Time-limit for Implementation
 
 
Programme will be completed within the financial year.
 
 
Officer to be approached
 
 
Assistant Executive Engineer
AED in the Revenue Division
Executive Engineer
AED in the District.
Superintending Engineer
AED in the Region.
Chief Engineer,
Agricultural Engineering Department,
Nandanam,Chennai-600 035.
Phone - 2435 2686, 2435 2622